Saturday, February 20, 2010

(artist) Tamara de Lempicka






Seven years ago, during my first visit to Europe, I bought an art book by "Tamara de Lempicka". I don't really remember why I bought this book. Since I looked at a lot of art works in European museums, I don't remember where I saw her art work, or even whether I saw them or not. Maybe I saw them, or just bought that book in the bookstore because her art was tempting.










There are some characteristics of her art, how can I express it, maybe sensual? A lot of characters in her nude paintings pose sensually. Even guys wearing suit look sexy. What is more, girls in "The Girls" (1928)(the second one) opened their eyes half-way.








Actually Lempicka was beautiful and attractive woman. In her life, it is said that she was bisexual, and her love life was really colorful. (This is her picture; the third one)




The title of this painting (the first one) is "Auto Portrait (Tamara in the Green Bugatti)". My first impression of this painting was 'gorgeous'. She looks so arrogant, full of confidence, stylish and above all, sexy. Look at the 'Bugatti', which is the most expensive and best super car in the world, her cream colored leather gloves, stylish scarf, and that hat! I can feel some power from her red lips and arrogant eyes.


This painting was published in the fashion magazine, first. I can't imagine how sensational was this piture at that time!


This painting is from a private collection. Who has this painting? An arrogant, successful business woman or man who was attracted by that woman? I don't think I can drive that super car in my life, but if I had a chance, I'll follow that arrogant expression! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment